Tuesday 2 June 2015

Advocacy and updates: AFAO Members Forum day two

Craig Cooper from Positive Life NSW opened day two of forum with an update about community dispensing of ARVs  in NSW.

On Day two of the Forum, participants posed for a photo in solidarity with the
International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia


Craig presented data providing overwhelming evidence that people with HIV want increased options for accessing medications, with over 80% of people said they would collect HIV treatments at community pharmacies in one national survey.

He expressed particular concern about stigma and referred to a lack of knowledge among some community pharmacists about HIV transmission risk. He said that the upcoming launch of pharmacist training programs aims to help address this knowledge gap.

He also said that Positive Life NSW will conduct a second national survey to help ensure optimal roll-out of community dispensing.

View presentation
Watch video

Graham Brown from ARCSHS discussed research that is using systems thinking to develop practical indicators to strengthen community and peer based program planning. He said that peer workers are able to draw on their own experience to interpret research for their communities, and this knowledge and experience is a resource which is not always valued by the sector.

View presentation

HIV Australia editor, Finn O'Keefe, discussed an external evaluation of the magazine which highlights its success as a policy and advocacy resource.

The evaluation report profiles ways in which the magazine engages the readership in reflection and dialogue on key issues, and said that the extremely positive report reflects well on our sector and all the contributors to the magazine.

View presentation

Jill Sergeant profiled AFAO's African project, which is working with religious leaders and consulting with communities to combat homophobia and HIV stigma.

She explained that AFAO will be broadening this focus to include a range of other CALD communities over the coming year. A resource mapping CALD projects across Australia is also in development and will be launched at ASHM in September.

View presentation

John Mikelsons (ATA)
John Mikelsons, Deputy Director of the AIDS Trust of Australia, updated members on strategic directions and plans for funds disbursement over the next three years and answered questions from the floor.

 

 

 

AFAO ED Rob Lake thanked participants for helping to clarify focus areas for health promotion,
policy development and advocacy over the coming year 


AFAO's Jill Sergeant and Finn O'Keefe
trying to keep up with the conversations on
social media




Wrap-up

AFAO ED Rob Lake and AFAO President Bridget Haire closed the forum, thanking participants for their high level of engagement, which helped clarify focus areas for health promotion, policy development and advocacy over the coming year.

They also celebrated the important progress made in areas such as PrEP, community dispensing and rapid testing.

 It was an extremely successful two days. AFAO is very grateful to everyone that attended and participated and greatly appreciates speakers’ generosity in providing stimulating presentations.

You can download a detailed report on the forum here.


AFAO President Bridget Haire

4 comments:

  1. Hello everybody here me out and please help me to thank Dr Agege for his good work I really believe HIV has no cure I was HIV positive over since 4 year plus before I come across a comment about Dr Agege that he have cure to any disease and virus but when I saw it i have it in mind that he can’t cure HIV I just decided to give a try I contact him that night luckily to me he said yes but I don’t believe him I think it was a scam or some thing like that but I still hold on to see the work of Dr Agege if he is saying the true, he ask for different thing and some question about me I give him all the details he needed and I waited to see his reply to my problem. After all the things is done he ask me to go for check up I went for HIV test I cant believe i became HIV negative thanks to Dr Agege for helping me cure my disease. if you need help of any kind you can contact him on this mail
    dragegeherbalhome@gmail.com or add him on whatsApp +2348110560429 he will help you because he help me you can add me up on whatsApp +1 (502) 663-5066
    he can also cure
    herpes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everybody here me out and please help me to thank Dr Agege for his good work I really believe HIV has no cure I was HIV positive over since 4 year plus before I come across a comment about Dr Agege that he have cure to any disease and virus but when I saw it i have it in mind that he can’t cure HIV I just decided to give a try I contact him that night luckily to me he said yes but I don’t believe him I think it was a scam or some thing like that but I still hold on to see the work of Dr Agege if he is saying the true, he ask for different thing and some question about me I give him all the details he needed and I waited to see his reply to my problem. After all the things is done he ask me to go for check up I went for HIV test I cant believe i became HIV negative thanks to Dr Agege for helping me cure my disease. if you need help of any kind you can contact him on this mail
    dragegeherbalhome@gmail.com or add him on whatsApp +2348110560429 he will help you because he help me you can add me up on whatsApp +1 (502) 663-5066
    he can also cure
    herpes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of DRASHAOSEMUDIAMEN, i have been suffering from this disease for the past 2 years and 7 month without solution until i came across the email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 1 week and 4days which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. To all the readers and viewers that are doubting this testimony, stop doubting it and contact this doctor if you really have one and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me and i know that there are some people out there who are really suffering and hurting their family just because of these diseases so you can email him on drashaosemudiamen@gmail.com or you can also whatsapp/call him on +234‭7052021645‬ CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1. HERPES2. PENIS ENLARGEMENT3. GONORRHEA4. HIV/AIDS5. LOW SPERM COUNT6. MENOPAUSE DISEASE7. EPILEPSY8. ASEPSIS9. CANCER10. ANXIETY DEPRESSION11. PREGNANCY PROBLEM12. SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM13.YOU NEED YOUR WIFE OR HUSBAND BACK14. PTSD15 ADHD.. ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Battling with any health related issues or infection is not the end of your life, why not contact a herbal practitioner for cure Dr Ogedegbe has herbal remedies and permanent solution for all your health related problems.I recommend him to you today only because i have also used his herbal medicine and it worked perfectly on my health problem, you can actually save yourself from giving your hard earned money to Scammers if only you can contact Dr Ogedegbe today for genuine and Permanent cure herbal products . Pls help share this post to save yourself and your love ones.Dr Ogedegbe is specialize in these areas,Permanent herbal supplements for anxiety and depression,HIV/AIDS, DIABETES, HERPES, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, CANCER, HPV, ALS.  .. etc. Email: dr.ogedegbe6@gmail.com also call or whatsApp him on +2348109374702...........

    ReplyDelete